Skip to content

How Do I Secure a Property?

Once you have found the right property we would request a holding deposit of £500. This will hold the property for you whilst we negotiate and agree terms with the Landlord. The property is then yours subject to successful referencing. The £500 holding deposit will be deducted from the total monies required before you move in.  

What are Abodes tenant fees?

We try to keep our fees very competitive considering our high level of service. To see our fee structures please click here

How long can I stay in the property?

The term of the tenancy agreement is generally negotiated at the offer stage. Most standard tenancies tend to be a 12 month Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST). A break clause, if used, is usually at month six of the 12 month contract.

What is a Break Clause?

A break clause is a clause in a tenancy agreement that provides both tenant and landlord the opportunity to terminate the tenancy agreement early during the fixed-term (e.g. the tenant can terminate a 12 month tenancy 6 months into the term by giving two months notice).

What is an Inventory?

An inventory is carried out before you move in the property and will note any defects or damage to the property. If you maintain the property to the same standard then your damage deposit should be returned in full.

Who Holds my Deposit?

When Abode are collecting the rent or managing the property the deposit will be registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS). If the landlord is managing the property we may still register the deposit, otherwise it is the responsibility of the landlord to register your deposit within 30 days of receiving the deposit.

What if I have a Dog or Cat?

With more and more people now being pet owners there are a number of Landlords who are happy to accept pets. Generally an additional 2 weeks damage deposit might be requested to cover any possible damage.

Who Pays the Utility Bills?

Unless otherwise agreed the tenant is responsible to pay all utility bills and the council tax. Meter readings will be taken by the Inventory Clerk to help with the changeover.

Who do I call with maintenance problems?

When you move into the property you will be advised if Abode are managing the property during your tenancy. If so then you can report any maintenance problems via MyPropertyFile  or contact our Property Manager. Should the Landlord be managing the property then you will be given details of how to report any issues you might have.

Get in touch

Call us on 0208 506 5858 or send us a message...